Udskriv emne
Life begins at 72 for American as he calls Thailand "Another Planet!"
M55
#1 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 02-06-2018 11:30
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 1906

A 72 year old American man has become something of a YouTube star after his first trip abroad following a double bereavement was to Thailand.

Saying it better than the Thai tourist authorities ever could, young at heart Ron Floyd from Oklahoma has a strong message to other old timers dragging their feet in their home countries:

"Get over here - you will not regret it. Don't sit on your butt like I did".

About six or seven years ago both Ron's wife then his mother died from illness within a year of each other. His world fell apart and by his own admission he became a hermit relying on anti-depressants to get through the day.

But after a Canadian friend with a Thai wife inspired him and he received the help and assistance from a blogger and others in Thailand he finally plucked up the courage to make the trip to Thailand.

And it took courage - Ron admitted on YouTube that he is the kind of person that finds it hard to get out of his comfort zone.

"It was the hardest thing I have done in my life", said Ron who admitted being scared and apprehensive.

"Coming to Thailand was like falling into another planet", he said on what was his very first trip out of the States.

Since his arrival he has been taken under the wing of locals and shown a good time in Pattaya and Hua Hin after arriving from the USA in Bangkok.

https://www.thaiv...er-planet/

Til forsiden  Til toppen  Til bunden
M55
#2 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 02-06-2018 11:31
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 1906

RON IS A 72 YEAR OLD MAN WHO HAS WIFE & MOTHER PASSED AWAY IN A SPAN OF 8 MONTHS HE WENT INTO DEPRESSION FOR 5 YEARS. BUT HAS FOUND A NEW LEASE ON LIFE COMING TO THAILAND.

Til forsiden  Til toppen  Til bunden
Gå til debat:

Lignende tråde

Emne Forum Svar Nyeste indlæg
Snart kan homoseksuelle blive gift i Thailand Nyheder på dansk 1 29-03-2024 11:01
Smag på Thailand Hele Thailand 90 24-03-2024 12:54
Interview med den danske ambassadør i Thailand De fastboende 1 18-03-2024 12:23
Se dokumentar om Black Mountain i Thailand Golf baner 4 15-03-2024 12:39
Thailand: 10 million people suffer pollution-related illnesses in 2023 | BBC News Hele Thailand 1 10-03-2024 09:35

Alt indhold på denne side er Copyright @ copy 2009 Thai DK Debat Forum Alle rettigheder forbeholdes Siden er optimeret til 1024 * 768